Accessibility statement for extraORDINARYwomen website
This accessibility statement applies to Linen Hall Library’s extraORDINARYwomen website.
This website is run by Linen Hall Library, Belfast, Northern Ireland. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• change colours, contrast levels and fonts
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
• you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
• most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
• not all video streams have captions
• you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
Feedback and contact information
• email firstname.lastname@example.org
• call 0044 28 90 321707
• visit Linen Hall Library, 17 Donegall Square North, Belfast, BT1 5GB
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
Navigation and accessing information
There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option).
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared in August 2021.
This accessibility statement was formed using the following template: